Lemon Olive Oil Cookies
I’ve always wanted to create a lemon cookie, so when I tried Brightland’s LUCID Lemon Olive Oil, I knew it would make the perfect “secret ingredient”. These luscious lemon bites are lightly sweetened, with a subtle zest and elegant lemon rind ribbon. They’re so lovely and I can’t wait for you to try them! Happy Baking!
Yield: 20-24 cookies
2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup cassava flour
1/4 cup Brightland LUCID lemon olive oil
1/4 cup 100% maple syrup or honey
1/4 tsp pink salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
+ zest and juice of one lemon (keep lemon peel, for peel garnish)!
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
3 tablespoons Brightland LUCID lemon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir all cookie ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out with rolling pin. Using a circular cookie cutter (2-3 inches), cut out cookies and transfer to your prepared sheet. If dough is sticky, place it in the freezer for a few minutes, then transfer to baking sheet.
- To garnish, cut small strips of lemon rind, and place on top of each cookie.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, then allow cookies to cool completely.
- Prepare your glaze by whisking together arrowroot powder and olive oil.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies for a zesty olive oil finish! Enjoy!
Not only do we love the quality and taste of Brightland’s products, but we also adore the story behind this female-founded brand! Click here to learn more about Brightland, and be sure to follow them on Instagram @wearebrightland.